Rishta believes that healthy eating is the key to a healthy lifestyle. One of its healthy food products is besan. So what are the health benefits of gram flour popularly known in India as Besan-
1. Lowering of Cholesterol: Gram flour is known to contain healthy unsaturated fats which lower the cholesterol level of the human body.
2. Helps in Controlling Diabetes: Due to its low glycaemic index, it is considered to be great food for those suffering from diabetes. It can be used as an alternative to flour in rotis & paranthas. Glycemic index of chickpea is only 10.
3. Improvement in health of the heart: Besan has high soluble fiber content. This is thought to be beneficial for the health of the heart.
4. A safe alternative for Gluten: As besan does not contain any gluten, it is a perfect substitute to wheat, as well as, other gluten-containing grains, for people who are allergic to gluten.
5. Removes iron deficiency: As besan is known to be rich in iron, consumption of besan on a daily basis can help your body recover from iron deficient diseases like anemia.
6. Helpful in pregnancy: Gram flour is considered to be rich in folate, a vitamin which takes care of the fetus’ brain and spinal cord development. So it ensures a healthy well developed a human baby.
7. Helps overcome fatigue: Gram flour is an excellent source of vitamin Thiamin. This is known to help the body in converting food into energy.
8. Regulates the mood and appetite: Besan is known to be rich in vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is an extremely important component, which is involved in the synthesis of the neurotransmitter serotonin. Serotonin plays a crucial role in mood, as well as, appetite regulation.
9. Regulation of the blood pressure: The high amount of magnesium content of besan helps in maintaining the vascular health of the human body, as well as, in the regulation of blood pressure.
10. Strengthens of bones: The phosphorous present in gram flour combines with calcium in the human body, which helps in the formation of bones.